WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

Mice - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* Mice > Topics

Subject: intro info
Replies: 1 Views: 541

carg1rl 4/29/2007 - 9:52:36
red can u maybe give me the info on introducing hammies 2 each other? i'd like 2 breed white dwarf hammies but i want 2 buy them 4rm different stores 2 not inter breed them. *

red0ne 5/3/2007 - 4:16:58
Ok carg1rl I got the following info from the internet and other areas, I made a real study about this: It is possible to keep two hamsters in one cage, though hamsters will often fight. Watch your hamsters carefully in the beginning to make sure they get along. Instructions Difficulty: Moderate Step one Buy young hamsters, three to seven weeks old is best. Dzungarian Dwarf hamsters, short dwarf hamsters and Russian hamsters supposedly can live happily together. 2 Step Two Keep the two hamsters separate, initially, if they are not litter mates. 3 Step three Remove one hamster from its cage and put it in a box for a few minutes. Remove the second hamster and place it inside the first hamster's cage. Put the first hamster into the second hamster's cage. Let the hamsters stay in each other's cages for several hours, then return each hamster to his own, individual cage. 4 Step four Repeat this for several days. At first, the hamsters may appear nervous when in the other's cage, but after a few days, each hamster should appear comfortable. Time to move on to the next phase of introduction. 5 Step five Put the hamsters down on the floor in an enclosed room to exercise together. Make sure the doors and heating registers are closed, and that any dangerous objects are removed. 6 Step Six Allow the hamsters to interact in the wide open space of the floor. Observe their behavior. Do they sniff each other? Do they play close to each other? Or do they tussle, or try and bite each other? Repeat this process as often as you can for several days. 7 Step seven Buy a bigger cage. Try to get one at least twice the size of your original cage. The less cramped the hamsters are, the less claustrophobic they feel, and they'll be more likely to get along. 8 Step eight Move them into the bigger cage together. Observe them closely for the first 24 hours, especially in the evening, when hamsters are most active. If they are going to fight, it is more likely they will do so when they are awake and energetic. 9 Step nine Monitor their behavior over the next few months. Sometimes it takes a while for hamsters to decide they don't like one another. If you see them tussling, biting or find that one is cornering or bullying the other, separate the hamsters. Tips & Warnings Frequent exercise, a large cage that is kept extra clean and plenty of food, including fresh fruits and vegetables, will help keep hamsters in a good mood. If they are in a good mood, they are more likely to get along with one another. If you put a male and female hamster together, you will soon have many babies. It is probably best you not breed hamsters unless you have several adoptive homes lined up and waiting for hamster babies, as they multiply quickly. Male hamsters have been known to eat hamster babies, so do separate the male and female when there are baby hamsters on the way. *

* Mice Forum

Search:
topics replies

* Mice

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search